Is your toilet, sink, or shower starting to drain slower than usual? Chances are you are suffering from a clogged or damaged drain. Luckily, our team at Sunshine Plumbing & Backflow Prevention, Inc. is here to quickly restore your drain’s function. As a fully licensed, insured, and bonded plumbing company, we offer an extensive array of drain solutions to homes throughout Central Louisiana. From drain cleaning and maintenance to repairs and replacements, there is no job too big or small for our professionals. We offer free estimates and upfront prices on all our services, so there are never any surprises. By pairing our over 14 years of industry experience with state-of-the-art methods and products, our team will have your drains in tip-top shape in no time.
To learn more about our services, call our team today at (225) 230-2507.
Does Your Drain Need Servicing?
Our team at Sunshine Plumbing & Backflow Prevention, Inc. understands that life happens. Maybe you’ve noticed a gurgling noise coming from your drain, but let it slide, and are now dealing with a full-blown clog. We will arrive at your door quickly, even offering same-day solutions and after-hours service to get the job done right, right away.
While some clogs are unavoidable, there are certain common culprits to avoid putting down your drains to minimize the chance of a blockage.
6 causes of a clogged drain are:
- Tree root inclusion: If your plumbing system was installed near a tree, it is possible for the tree’s roots to penetrate your pipes, causing cracks and potentially large leaks.
- Starchy or hard-to-process foods: Even if you are using a garbage disposal, starchy foods like flour and rice can turn into a thick paste in your pipes. If a buildup of this paste occurs, it can cause clogs and potentially enough pressure to form a crack.
- Fat or grease: When fat or grease is dumped down the sink, it cools to a semi-solid, which can lead to excessive buildup.
- Hair: Even a small amount of hair can quickly cause extensive clogs, as they can easily wrap around other debris and form balls that slow the flow of water.
- Soap: Because most soaps are created using a wax or fat, when they combine with the minerals in water, it can leave behind residue—also known as soap scum. If too much soap scum builds up in your drains, it can cause blockages.
- Foreign objects: Tampons, wipes, and other small objects can absorb water, expanding in your drains to quickly create clogs.
Expert Drain Cleaning & Repair in Central Louisiana
Despite over-the-counter drain cleaning solutions being readily available, they are rarely effective. In fact, some of these cleaning solutions use caustic chemicals that can potentially deteriorate your drains, leading to damage in the future. Instead of relying on these products, turn to our licensed experts. We use the best equipment and products available and pair our world-class service with affordable and upfront pricing. From minor clogs to major repairs, there is no drain problem too big or small for our professionals. We have helped countless Central Louisiana homeowners with their drainage issues and are ready to help you too!
Call us at (225) 230-2507 or fill out our online contact form to schedule an appointment.